Meetings and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
No upcoming events scheduled...
Contribute to the health, education and economic empowerment of women of African descent.Click here to join!
Thank you for your interest in Detroit Section – National Council of Negro Women, Inc. (NCNW). The safety and wellbeing of Metro Detroit community is our top priority. With continued news around coronavirus (COVID-19), the Detroit Section – NCNW wants to ensure you that we are taking the necessary steps to protect all members and guests. We are carefully monitoring the situation and following guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Governor Whitmer, Mayor Duggan, and other local/state health authorities.
Therefore, based on the guidelines that have been communicated by our global, local and state health authorities the all meetings and events have been cancelled until further notice.
We urge you to continue to practice precautionary measures and STAY HOME!
- Stay informed on the latest guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Seniors and people with severe chronic conditions should take special precautions because they are at higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, keyboards, cell phones and light switches.
- Communicate and reinforce best practices for cough and sneeze etiquette and hand hygiene.
- Be sure to maintain a supply of medications, food, and other essentials in your house
- Cancel or postpone large gatherings, conferences and sporting events.
- Reduce in-person gatherings and activities, especially for organizations with individuals at risk of severe illness. Consider offering video or audio of events.